Yesterday I was shown how to turn off the blinking red light on my blackberry. And it has changed my life in less then 24 hours...
I'm not sure about you (maybe you don't have a blackberry for work but in my opinion iPhones just aren't enough of solid work-horse for me!) but blackberries are both a curse and a blessing in equal-ish measures. I love the flexibility that they offer but its the blinking red light that drives me crazy. I literally cannot stop myself from checking my emails day or night, weekday or weekend, holiday or workday. It drives me crazy but I cannot help myself.
Nicola showed me how to de-activate the light and I tweeted about it straightaway. Judging from the amount of tweets and DMs that I got it's something that bugs the hell out of a lot of other people too.
So this is how you do it:
- Go to your RingTone Profile setting (the one where you change what kind of ring/vibrate that you want)
- Scroll down and click on Advanced
- Click into your Ringtone Profile
- Click on "Level 1 Messages"
- Click on "Repeat Notification" and change it from "LED Flashing" to "none"
- (Make sure that you do it for what is called "In Holster" and "Out of Holster")
Let's end the tyranny of the blinking red light one Blackberry at a time!